Tuesday, January 3, 2012

New Year, New Goals

I am blessed to have a beautiful home. I truly love my house. When we first moved in I rushed getting the visible rooms (entry, living room, kitchen, breakfast area) DONE. At the time my hubbie and I both liked the "Old World" look and he liked burgandy so fast forward to an old world-ish few rooms heavy on the reds. My point is if you walk in to my home and don't move past those rooms you think I have created a home....well, not so much. Every other room looks a bit like an episode of hoarders and are all decidedly NOT done.

The funny thing is at my worst as a person I am detail obsessive, a control freak and a tad neurotic; at my best I am visionary like and free to chase any whim of an idea....in a nutshell I am a designer through and through. Trust me, it takes a great deal for me to type that out because it took a long time to accept how deeply run my creativeness is. I think in pictures. I see things that do not exist yet. I see beauty in rust and I swoon over old junk. I design like I breathe - it's just me. I say all that to say this, to live in an "un-done" house that does not feel like a pretty but extra comfy sweater is torture. I explained it to my friend who is a gourmet cook this way: I said, "if you could only serve cheese and crackers everyday wouldn't it be agony knowing what you COULD do????". That is how I feel. Pretty house, no decor, burning desire to create a nest, enter January 2012.

So, watch out, over the next year you will see me bring to life my HOME. I will take what is done (in burgandy--geesh) and make it light, cosmopolitian, vintage and all combined into my gumbo of design. One. Room. At. A. Time. That's the rule. I will start one room and complete it TOTALLY before I move onto the next. I will share with you the great finds, the inspiration, the hair brained ideas, the disasters and the finished looks. Oh, and lots of easy to follow tutorials along the way!

I have completed my daughter's room and bathroom....next is the guest room into vintage-y, french, yummy deliciousness. Here is a not so great pic (better one soon I promise!) of how I took an antique mirror frame and added it to her existing builder grade vanity. Little paint, new knobs, bit of glaze, bada bing bada boom and voila a shabby Posh princess look appears!

More soon, XOXO
Stay Posh,
Tricia

2 comments:

  1. It's beautiful! Love your post!! Keep them coming.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just found your bloggie...and I can see YOU are my kind of girl! Actually found you on FB...and somehow in sharing a vision of re-creating the "old-world" it has brought me here! Admittingly I have alot of brick-reds going on! So bring on that ViNtAgE Charm girl! I'm loving the re-do already,And as you transform your home...I'll stay posted ( where is that follow button lol) And wish me luck as I too do away with the old world...lol...and bring on the vintage!

    ReplyDelete